panel.sg

Monday, November 29, 2004

…disc lent and went out…

Yesterday I did not go online. It is part of the save money and stopping the resist to go online. I realized that I have been going online so often that I post the blog everyday! :S I feel that I should try to limit myself or a bomb telephone bill will come. I was listening to the radio happily ever after in the morning, switching between power 98 and perfect 10. Power 98 was broadcasting American top 40 by Ryan Seacrest while perfect 10 was Rick leys top 40. It was quite enjoyable as I was able to change and change channels! :)

Suddenly at around afternoon time, Ika called me to ask me whether I got Microsoft Word. I told her I got Office XP but after some finding, I realized that my discs are not labeled! I am so angry with myself. I cannot tell what is inside the disc. In the end, I lent her the office 97 disc, which I used ages ago. Office XP was uploaded for me by good old chan tong. Ika gladly accepted and we arranged to meet outside my house. I took a disc using a shopping bag and waited for her. It seemed a while but she still was not seen. It was until she called me again and I found out she was right outside my block lobby! I was at the void deck of my block but she was at the lobby! ;) I finally saw her and she was dressed in tudong! I first time see her in tudong. So it is considered special. Haha hehe.

Let us see for today: I went to red hill and Tiong Bahru plaza.

It was very, very mysterious this morning. I woke up at six plus to bathe. Then I woke up at nine plus to mop the house. I went online to find out about Chevrons—the clubhouse. Chuan wanted to have a chalet there. One person is about $16 for a three-day-two-night chalet. Haha. The mystery was not about this; it is when I met Daus then Sean to take the 197 bus. The bus was having some technical problems. At first, all of us were wondering why the driver would not fetch us. I realized that the machine was out of order (ez-link). The driver tried to repair it by opening and closing the doors and moving out and back to the terminal. It was such a sight watching that! Everybody was getting impatient and the driver used another bus as a backup. We were aiming for that double-decked air-conditioned bus!

However, our wish did not come true. We were quite fed up and we went to McDonald’s for lunch instead. Daus redeemed his cheeseburger while Sean redeemed his McSpicy Double. For me, I bought the fish fillet set meal, the one with caramel ice cream. It did not taste exactly bad, some new stuff on the move! Sean bought extra fries. The auntie was quite a blur bog. She happily took my money with out asking to accumulate the points! I am so angry with her. Hmpf! Next, a bad accident happened. I did not realize that the serviette Sean put was on the edge of the table! As a result, the paper could not hold the weight and toppled. Sean pants and mine all had some chili sauce and mayonnaise on it. The auntie was also very blur: NO chili sauce given. I have not seen such an auntie before, so blur and forgetful! Although she was quite a nice woman, I am somehow upset with her.

We took the 197 bus and went to red hill to find Daus’ mysterious shoe shop that he wanted to go. In fact, I actually wanted to arrange a movie session on 30 November to watch movie and at the same time. Nevertheless, Daus told me he had something on—the Hari Raya visits among Sec 4 express Malay students. I thought I would just forget it and perhaps organize it next time. He called me when I was in Commonwealth, going to have dinner there. He told me he want to buy some shoes at red hill. We agreed and I asked Wen Long along.

We were all hot and sweaty after the walking; the weather was so hot! Daus’ recommended place was so remote, which is so “ulu!” There were many shoes inside the shop, including women and men shoes. The uncle managing the place did not bother us while we just looked around. Daus did not like the shoes, and hence he did not buy anything. We went to the 7-Eleven opposite and bought some beverage. I thought red hill MRT was very near this place and told the people why not we walk there.

In the end, I was wrong! Ha-ha. Daus’ directory indicated that it is still long way from MRT station :(. In the end, we wandered around and took 63 to an area nearer to the MRT station. Red hill is very sloppy. We used the sloppy part to go through to reach the bus stop. It was quite scary! Ha-ha. When we reached red hill, Daus said he want to go to the mosque to do his daily prayers.

We separated—Sean and I went to the red hill market. Guess what? I saw someone! He is a mediacorp person. Ha-ha. This man is like the favorites among the older generation. He is called “Lin2 Xiao1.” Many people would not know him. However, I recognized his face. His hair was all curly, also stylishly shaped. He was buying mixed vegetables rice. :) He looked younger in person than on television. He is actually quite muscular!

Hehe… I bought sugar cane juice and we went to 7-Eleven at red hill MRT. Sean bought fish balls and topped it with lots of chili. The fish balls were not skillfully fried. It was over fried and it did not take that good. It was quite tiny too. When Daus came back, we took bus to Tiong Bahru plaza. Sean was shopping for a birthday present for his sister. I was looking for the Creative fair for the opening of the new NTUC fairprice at Tiong Bahru plaza. We went to most of the shops in Tiong Bahru. Suddenly, I saw a job opportunity at Valu$. I wrote my name there in case they called me. I tried to enquire to work in a comic shop, but they are looking for someone older. Another place looking for waiter, but when I asked, the person said they do not need any more staff already. We went to Hobby shop at the 5th or 6th floor. It was quite an interesting place but the people inside was somewhat suspicious of us stealing. It made us quite uneasy ah. Perhaps we are the only customers. That is the reason… I bought MTV Superstars Disc and “1” The album using my $40 popular voucher. Lol. Anyway, Sean did not buy anything for his sister in the end at Tiong Bahru plaza.

We had tea break. We went to an eating-house (halal) to eat. The food there was not bad. Sean ate mee rebus while Daus ate nasi lemak. At first, I drank bundong there but the people not happy ah. Hence, I bought popiah. The people there were quite friendly. Food there tasted not bad. The best of all is that the food sold there is halal! Daus also had cheng teng for dessert. :)

We went to play arcade games for a while. It was quite fun. I played a game resembling King of Fighters and later played Metal Slug with Daus. I suck at games. Lost the games. :S

We went back to Jurong East and Sean this time separated from us. He went to Popular to buy stuff for his sister while Daus and I went to Shop and Save and NTUC Fairprice supermarket. Daus bought noodles and sawi (cai xin) At first, I got no idea what was “sawi” I even asked the auntie at the supermarket. She did not know what was it either. Daus called his sister and finally knew the common name cai xin. Haiyo… what only? I went to ‘shop and save’ and made a serious mistake. My mum told me that Mug Root Beer was on offer. She was WRONG! It was A & W Root Beer! I had to change because there is a price difference of $ 2.20! It was lucky that I insisted to change. Lucky wor!

Wen Long’s bus – 66 came very early! He left earlier than Daus and I. How could he! Haha. I went home, feeling quite tired.

Anyway, I heard there is some case of a baby left a plastic bag with the umbilical cord at Woodlands! That is so scary! I feel very sad for the baby—it died. A harmless life had died… just like this…
I had vegetarian food for dinner. The food is as good the real one. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment