panel.sg

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

…Chalet Day 2…

I slept for a while, like about 2 hours or less. Daus slept until 5 plus. Sean and I knew that he needed to go to the mosque, as it was a Friday. Sean therefore woke him up. He was very tired loz. A group of us slept while mahjong continued until about 4 plus to 5 plus. Sherwin changed the ps2 game and instead of the soccer game, it was a game of fighting. That game was simply so fun! Although I was lousy (I always lose games), I liked the magical powers and the characters. It was simply so groovy! We played the game until about 8am and we went to have our breakfast.

Sean ate Burger King but Daus and I ate sausage Mac muffin student set meal. It was great as I get to have a cup of tea/coffee and a hash brown! The rewards programme was not working. The special corner pasted the notice “not available” I was quite sad, as I could not redeem the free food. :(

We went back to chalet room and daus and I played a new game using the mahjong pieces. We used the pieces to construct a building or words. Sean suddenly appeared and it became a war-like game, involving the attack of mahjong pieces using a die. It was fun, although daus won the game. We all went to play arcade at the place there. Payment is used using the tapZ card. The arcade games are expensive as some reach $1 and above per play. Sean played a game resembling king of fighters and I played that too. After that, daus also played a game that resembled that but that particular one looked easier to play. Sean helped him and they managed to go through many levels. Daus and Sean played shooting games while I watched. Sean suddenly saw the soccer game that involves the kicking of a particular ball-like thing in. It was difficult to kick as the mechanism to kick is very poor. One needs to kick very hard to push it in. I also helped. I realized how difficult it was to kick it. Haha. Sean said it was “nonsense.” It was quite thrilling, although.

We went to chalet room to prepare to cycle. Daus and Sean thought I would be fun. I could not cycle, but I decided to try it. Of course, cycling cannot be so easily learnt, especially for a slow learner like me. We rented two bicycles—one with 2 pedals and seats while another one seat (mountain bike). The two-person bicycle is very fun. I could feel the breeze against me while riding. Of course, Daus is the one controlling the stuff. Daus and I rode quite fast but wen long (alone) was little slow. We had to wait for him as he just learnt to ride a bike recently. I was enjoying it but something dampen my spirits—rain. The sky was not listening to us and it began to rain by drizzle. We were quite far from downtown east, and therefore, when we reached the place, we were dripping wet. The rain became heavier and heavier loz. Sean seemed to have disappeared as he cycled somewhere down to somewhere else. I waited at the bicycle-renting place while daus went to find wen long. He could not find him. I was feeling quite worried loz. It was lucky that he managed to find his way back ;). We went back to the chalet room to dry ourselves and bathe. Sean bathed first, followed by Daus and lastly me. I was quite sleepy by that time as it was early afternoon. I was lying on the bed lazily and looking at the people playing mahjong and ps2.

When it was two plus in the afternoon, daus suddenly asked me to go out, as he was feeling hungry. We went to Californian hotdog or something like that to eat. The fast food restaurant was very quiet loz, as it was not very popular. Anyway, the food tasted great. It is just that it is not gaining a lot of popularity due to the rivals—long john, McDonald’s and KFC. Daus told me that the fries resembled the old times, which was when we had swimming lessons at sec 1 or 2—the shop that sells some food there. I still could remember how most of us enjoyed the fries and how popular it was. The bus driver for the transport back to school had to wait for the people as we hurry to buy the fries. Haha.

When we went back to chalet, daus seemed to be kinda sad about not being able to go to mosque to do the afternoon prayers. He said he wanted to go out for a while and went off. Sean was playing the soccer game while I watched Wendy and boon how play cards. I rested and slept for a while on bed. I heard voices of telling someone the details of our chalet. I found out that zin mar was coming. Haha. Very soon zin mar came eating a sundae. She looked at us with a funny face and then chatted with all of us. She began playing cards with boon how and Wendy. Xuan tong, Melissa, and sharon also came and by that time, it was time for BBQ.

Ah wang, and others went to buy the additional BBQ stuff like the charcoal and tongs. Zong jie, chin cheng also came. I was preparing the corns by taking out the leaves and spreading them with margarine and wrapping them in foil. Seng wang sent the message of closing the chalet for a while as the BBQ is starting and for security purposes. When the charcoal is being prepared, it started to RAIN! Why? Ah… I felt quite disappointed. We brought all the food upstairs and within minutes, the rain started to stop. Hmpf! Kelvin and some others went to play pool while I was left in the room. Lifeng and Claire also came. I brought down the food, since yongxun told me that the BBQ is resuming.

Overall, the BBQ was not too bad. The charcoal kept on having problems… But it was fun though. Shao lin, wang lin and friends came for the BBQ also. They bought lots of food for us. There was suddenly a lot of new food. Seng wang bought too much foods of the same kind loz—chicken wings and crabstick. Haiyo.

I went upstairs and saw Shaiful and ming qi playing the ps2 soccer game. I sat around and waited for daus and sean to come back (they went to the beach). We play the street fighter game again. It was very fun. I managed to win a match. :) It was very rare as I did not even won for once. Haha. I was simply too tired. After some matches, I dozed off and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment