panel.sg

Thursday, December 02, 2004

…job search and turf city shock…

:) Ha-ha. I have been looking at these newspapers. Why? I have been finding for a job! I feel quite sick of finding jobs; it is so tiring! Let me recount what happened on 30 Nov 04.

I was finding for a job, but none seemed to be one that suits me. I am so angry with myself. Why I am not experienced? Why girls seem to be the wanted ones for a job? I looked very carefully. Most people are looking for girls as their staff. They quote things like female working environment, housewives wanted and some when called, they say, “we want girls only.” Why this unfairness? I do not see the equality of sexes. Most of us say that boys are of advantage. I agree to of this of a certain extent. They are only of advantage when in the context of sex. For the rest, people started to show sympathy for them and begin to favour them! This is so unfair!

I found a job asking for work for a three-month contract as a clerk. I called up and the person told me that his place is at Geylang Lorong 9. He sounded a very nice person. I went there, thinking it was block 9. I got lost and hence I called him again. I realized that it was lorong 9! I walked there from Kallang station and it was a 5-minute walk. I was all sweaty when I reached there. The man was VERY nice! He gave me $10 as a token of appreciation. I feel very happy as I have gotten back a little of my money since the chalet expenses. =)

I met my mum at Clementi MRT and we went to turf city by the shuttle bus. Wow. This bus is a 30-minute interval! We reached the terminal at 2.05pm, which seemed late by 5 minutes. We had to wait 25 minutes before the next bus came. Well, I went to turf city as my mum told me she got some coupon that allows one to two set meals for a price of one! Since the food served is of high quality, it is a rare promotion. Foods like abalone, shark’s fin, and scallop were in the menu.

After eating the food, we went downstairs to look around and shop. I bought a new pair of sandals. The old one looks bad as the soles are coming out and I still could remember I had to rush to the shop outside cheers to buy a super glue to rescue my sandals during chalet! Mum and I went to Giant and shopped. Giant at turf city is so much quieter than giant at IMM. The one at IMM is busy most of the time but this one reminds me of shopping at Tanglin Market place or Liberty. It is so much quieter!

When we go and pay, I realized two familiar faces. Hey, these people are from my school—Hua Yi Secondary! They are working as temporary cashiers at Giant turf city. I was so surprised. I went to the customer service and registered to work there too. Hehe. After checks from year book, I realized the two people are Randy and Hanif from 406! I am sure the NPCC people (from my class)would know them

When I went out of the place, I saw another person looking very familiar. He is working somewhere there too. He is Jie Sheng from 407. He was wearing a uniform but I could not catch the name. I still could remember we shared the same tent during ‘secondary three’ adventure camp.

Haha. We went home laden with lots of things. It was heavy. =)

Ok. This morning, I spent it looking at the MTV that were given for the music CDs that I bought. The ones that made a deep impact in my mind is “sometimes” by Britney spears and “In the shadows” by the Rasmus.

“Sometimes” by Britney spears was quite a sad one, although Britney smiled in the end. It features her being chased by the reporters and her protective boyfriend. Both were angry at each other and even the boyfriend threw a vase of flowers. Britney was so upset that in the video she went to have a bath in a bathtub and tried to drown herself. It then features Britney as a wandering spirit in the hospital wandering around looking at other people’s cases in the hospital. The sight of her drown makes me feel disturbed. I sort of felt sad for her and understand how the media and press keep trailing on the super stars and actors/ actresses. It shows how the boyfriend realized that she drowned herself and sent her in the hospital. My goodness, it was such a sad scene. She kept singing the song until it ends with she woke up from it as she only submerged in the water for just a while. She gave a smile and the video ended.

“In the shadows” by Rasmus is very special as it shows a long time ago girl working in a family while the main lead was singing in the present. The maid could see things in the future and she was very frightened as she thought it was ghosts. She dropped a whole plate of things and punished by being whacked by the supervisor. Suddenly, she realized that the main lead was convincing her to go to the present by putting out his hand. She touched his hand she was teleported to the present. It was so interesting. I enjoyed it a lot. The main lead is a guy but he dressed himself up as a girl. He looked a little scary although. Haha.

I went to lot of places today. They are namely Giant IMM, NTUC Fairprice, MAD shoe shop, maid agency, and Sheng Xiong Supermarket.

The maid agency at bukit timah plaza was a disappointment. I called first and the person told me that I am just a bit too young but I can still try. When I reached there, the manager told me they were looking for girls and not boys! I wasted my trip there and this place is so inaccessible. I had to walk for about 10 minutes before I reached a bus stop that could take me home or to Taman Jurong. That FUCKING girl! She really made me pissed off with her… wasted my time.

Anyway, Taufik WON the Singapore Idols! I am so happy for him. He graduated from Singapore polytechnic, the poly that I am also aiming for. Let us cheer!!! Yay!!

I am going K Box tomorrow to celebrate Sharon’s birthday at also the end of ‘O’ levels. Hope it will be fun… :)

No comments:

Post a Comment