panel.sg

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

...hard work...

Yesterday’s night work was as bad as the first day’s one. The manager wanted to change the arrangement of the tables and chairs to make it more conducive for patrolling and preventing cheating in the cyber café. I had to remove the PC parts like the speakers. It was so old and dusty. I still had to bundle the wires nicely with a rubber band. I also had to push the chairs and carry tables.

I finally saw Jason. He is not exactly helpful or friendly either. He has a big built like me, haha. When I am still not so sure about servicing, I had to call him for help. He just like came with a blur look on his face. Yes, I know that I am still not very familiar with the machines, but I still feel that he as a senior should be more helpful and understanding. Siti is a much better person. She tries her best to guide me whenever possible.

For that day, I balanced the accounts! As a cashier, if I made mistakes, I have to pay up the missing tokens. I was released at around 11.45pm, since I was busily packing the computer peripherals and switches. I accidentally cut my hand while carrying a table! It was so heavy and suddenly, the nail inside cut my hand. Now, there is a red line on my hand.

I met Kelvin, Irwan, and wen long (Sean). Anyway, my manager is called Mr. Sean. Therefore, it is like hmmmm…… They were so lucky—they went for job hunting. In the end, they enjoyed themselves by playing pool. I also saw Sean’s blog that he is short-listed for an interview! Congratulations then!

It feels weird, because I am serving my good old friends and the people I know. I also saw Zheng Hua, my primary school mate. I also met Meng Lui, my primary school friend. Well, Sean was initially asking me why was I smiling all over. Well, I feel happy because I get to see them! It is sometimes boring to be all alone rotting in the arcade. Later they came back again and played arcade since they played pool. They gave me five cents and I had to absorb by changing it myself.

I came back after I threw rubbish for them. I was released earlier since I was not assigned what to do. I went back by ‘333’ bus, since the ‘105’ last bus has gone. I went home and messaged Siti to ask her if Parco wanted people. She said yes, and I called wen long. He told me that he will consider but also told me that I look old and sad. Am I? I am not too sure either…

Anyway, I feel I am not so old ah. Sometimes, when I do servicing, some parents tell their children to say thank you to ‘uncle.’ Wow! When ever since I became so old? Uncle is definitely not the term when people call me ah.

Let me do a review of working that most of us will most likely will and will not know.
1. Working is repetitive
2. Working can be hard work
3. Working gives us a chance to learn new things from experiences
4. Working can be boring
5. Working can be tiring
6. Working can affect your moods
7. Working can be worrying
8. Working can be fun
9. Working can be mundane
10. Working needs patience
It all depends on how YOU manipulate it to make it in your favor.

Okay, are ten reviews enough? Ha-ha. I am looking forward to see my pay check too, like what wen long said. He has already made a list of made he wants to buy. I am not going to do an elaborate list, but this list narrates some things I am going to do after I get my paycheck in early January 2005…

1. Get a mp3 player
2. Get a digital camera [many people have already]
3. Get a scanner for my computer
4. Change new hand phone [Next year December 2005]
5. Indulge in food, shopping, and meeting with friends
6. Get a new stuffed toy [actually a lot at home already]

Haha, I am still considering what to buy. Hope everything goes well for me…

For today, something weird happened. When I wanted to login to blogger, it cames out the language in Chinese (Traditional) Why? Why? I do not know either…

No comments:

Post a Comment