panel.sg

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

…tiring job search…

Well, yesterday, I went out with Sean, Daus, Irwan, and Kelvin to pursue jobs. It was very tiring and we went many places.


The first stop was Paradiz centre-- an employment agency I got online and now, they are asking me to go there to fill up a form. We went to Mac to eat breakfast and then we went to the office. The girl who was in-charge of me was very friendly and was quite shocked that I managed to get four people for her! Haha. We went to an arcade at park lane and rested by playing some arcade games.


The second stop was Shaw House. We took a bus there walked to there from Ngee Ann City. This one is a travel agency looking for promoters. Unfortunately, we were too late. The interview was only from 10 to 10.45 am, which is so early!


After some callings here and there, I came to know to a shop selling some car devices and offered a salary of $1000 per month. It is located at Hong Kong Street, but we did not want to take MRT, we took cab instead. Daus, Sean and I shared one cab while Kel and wan shared another. When we reached there, I realized that the shops nearby smell awful as the Chinese medical smell lingered in my nose. We went up there and realized it was quite a tiny office and we went there for interview.


After the interview, we went to Swissotel to ask about becoming a waiter. The human resource department of the Hotel is very tiny and there are many staircases down. The walls that lead down were colorfully painted, making it resembling you are going to a children’s section of a library.


The fifth stop was Plaza Singapura s Japanese noodle shop. Before that, we went to Burger King for lunch. The auntie was such a rigid person.----> CENSORED <------. Firstly, the chicken tenders were not available. She said that it is best to change it to the dessert pies, which I did not know that Sean, Irwan, and Kelvin did not like it. I asked if I could change, but she told me a NO means NO answer. I was quite angry but we continued our lunch. Suddenly, I realized that Sean took the Chicken whopper Jr. and I was left with Whopper Jr., which was beef! I could not eat beef and hence, I went to ask if I could change. She again said NO and said even if I wanted to change; I needed to pay $1 for it. What is this man? I am so pissed off with Burger King. Even for the next few times I went to ask for more chili, the auntie would look at me suspiciously; think that I am trying to be some people who insist on things. I am so pissed off with her! Screw her ah! We went to the Japanese ramen restaurant and came to know that they want only older people… haiz…


The next stop was an application to become a storekeeper. We went to International Plaza at Tanjiong Pagar. The life moved very fast! From the first floor to the 20th floor, it moved so fast that a pressure could be felt. We had to swallow more saliva to overcome it. We went to one floor Irwan recommended, but it turned out to be a bogus one. We went to another which was advertised and the person asked us to fill up the forms and we left. The lady was very friendly. She each gave us a Christmas stick as a gift. It has the name -Manpower- attached to it. She was such a nice person. Sean wished her Merry Christmas for her kindness and friendliness.


The seventh stop was Chevrons, to become the F&B Service Crew. They requested for our IC and told to fill up the application forms. After that, we went to see the manager, which appeared quite stern. He was quite friendly later after talking for a while. We would be paid $6 per hour but our service is only limited to when there is major functions or things like that. Hence, it is not that great after all.


Our last stop was –Popular- building, but some mishaps happened. We walked all the way there from Chevrons, never knowing that it was actually so far away. Daus got slightly hurt and his pants torn when he attempted to jump through the bushes. It was a very funny sight and even Daus was laughing crazily to himself. The walk took something like 20 minutes and it was so far from Chevrons! Aiyo! When we reached there, I asked the security guard if we could go in. It turned out that the guard told us that we are too late and should come again tomorrow. Well, our tiring walk was wasted.


Well… it was quite a fun trip although there were many disappointments. Somehow, I feel left out, as I do not know the secret of someone yet. Nevertheless, Daus, Irwan, and Kel know it already. I feel disillusioned…

No comments:

Post a Comment