panel.sg

Sunday, May 01, 2005

get-together

Yesterday was quite interesting loz. Mum, my brother and I met my aunts and cousins at the temple for my grandmother's (maternal) 8th death aniversary.

Well.. sounds quite solumn eh? It was.

After all the prayings and stuff, we went to Bugis Junction's Siam Kitchen for lunch. In fact, my auntie wanted to go to Pu Tien again de.. but my cousin's husband suggested somewhere loz..

The food was good. It was great. Buffet-ala carte style. We opted for free flow of drinks- Ice lemon tea. The desserts were not included; we ordered them on our own. 14 dishes of foods were there for us to choose from and eat from.

Since we (mum and I, my kor left earlier) had nothing on, we sort of tagged along with my aunt to roam around Bugis Junction. My aunite was not feeling so good loz. The air-con was stuffy and my auntie was feeling slightly dizzy. We went to basement to get some drinks. Then, aunt, mum and i sat there and chatted loz. Quite a nice chat :)

My cousin came back from her shopping and joined us. We went back to the car and took them to another car. My cousin - the other one is going home.

My cousin suggested to to bugis for some manicure. I also tagged around and went to look at stuff. Bought a chain with the pendant containing a symbol of the yacht at $6. Quite liked it. I also saw a vespa bag. I told Daus about it... hahaaa.

Now my mum has some flowers on her nails! :P lol.

Then aunt, mum and i went to a cafe at Bugis called Bugis Cafe. It is located upstairs and the aircon is really nice. The weather has been very hot these days! We chilled out there and ordered some drinks and food. Everything there was half priced. :D Yay. Food and Beverages were good and it is cheap too....

Later, we took my cousin's car to Chinatown. She was the one who got married recently this year. Her driving skills are good! Meanwhile, my aunt passed us the family portrait photos she took in a studio. Very nicely taken! My cousins and uncle were in their best.

I was thinking if my family could have this kind of photographing session. Very formal and it's nice to have it on one of our house's walls... So i am asking blogger readers here... Do you have such family protrait taking done? Hmmm... I think it is quite nice loz.. haha...

Then we accompanied my aunt to the travel agencies as my uncle and family are going on a China tour loz... My uncle seems to be very expert in choosing tour packages loz. He asked lots of questions that were very specific and good.

That's all for the get-together. Mum and i went to buy some good food called dieh cah dang. We aslo bought some fried dumplings and kueh before we headed for home, taking bus 197...

It was tiring, but also memorable too :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment