panel.sg

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

… eh hey…

Today, Daus and I went out.


We took 166 to Harbourfront MRT station to have our lunch. As what we have expected, the hawker centre was old and crowded. We decided to walk around Habourfront Centre before going back there for lunch. Suddenly, the word “BREEKS!” appeared in front of us. = ). The pictures there were quite tempting. Daus was looking for the Halal symbol. Alas! We saw a symbol of halal, prominent although small ; )


We happily settled into the restaurant with a welcoming smile from a Malay waitress. We looked at the menus in interest as the expensive prices of foods were displayed to us. I ordered a set meal, which consists of a soup, main dish, and dessert. The soup was mushroom bistro, while the main dish is a chicken leg with pineapple sauce and the dessert was rock melon with fresh cream and cherry. The soup was fantastic. The main dish was ok, but the vegetables were hardly edible. They were so hard! It seemed that the chef did not scald the vegetables long enough. The mash potatoes were nice and the sauce went very well with it. It was shaped in a leaf-like shape and it tasted good. As for the dessert, it was not exactly fantastic as the melon pieces – some of them were slightly tasteless although there were sweet ones. The cherry marvellous, but it not taste exactly that great either. So what is my final grade for this restaurant? (lol) This coffee house got 3/5 stars. I guess they need to improve their food.


As for Daus, he ordered fish and chips with a beverage called Blue Dolphin. According to Daus, he thinks that the beverage is quite a screw of money. It consists of Sprite/7-up with some icy stuff which Daus cannot recognise. Its taste seemed to be undetectable. Hmmmmmm…. All together, his cost 13 bucks but mine only cost 12.80. what a money eat-up! (lol) Mine, as can be seen, is more value for money… = )


Daus went to the nearest mosque for his daily prayers. I met him by taking the same bus he was in and we set off to work. I was bugged by Sean about going to the chalet and we discussed about it in the 166 bus. During work, I nearly took a one day leave to go for tomorrow’s steamboat. Daus was kind of apprehensive. I was kind of confused. Even it was around 5.30pm to 6pm, the decision to take leave still could not be established. I was quite frustrated. I asked Yue Hua for advice. She thinks that taking urgent leave is not exactly a good decision. By right, this reason—going to an outing or chalet is not that important. And yet, I chose not to give 3 days advance to take leave. It reflects in your attitude and stuff. Urgent leave is left for very important matters. I realised she was true. Hence, I told Daus I am not going already. Daus was not that keen to go, to be frank. When I took a leave form, he has not taken it yet.


Well, it’s ok. I just wish all people who are chilling out at the chalet now a good day! I am very sorry for not attending the chalet as attributed to the reason of having to work. Perhaps next time? I guess no, but I think fate will bring us together. 403(2004) will always be the class that rocks big time and I value our times together as in the chalet in December.


GOOD LUCK in whatever you do, for all blog readers, whether your gate to JC is open to you and you are reaching there, or POLYTECHNIC gates opens to you, or the other technical institutes.


I will continue to work as per normal and maybe rest for a month before school starts. This plan may change, as now I do not have exact ideas when poly starts. I hear rumours that it will start in May or earlier, rather than in June. As we further our studies, we might drift away… but I hope everyone in 403 remember the pleasant memories shared in sec 3 and 4…....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment