panel.sg

Friday, February 03, 2006

CIP oooi....

Ok. Lets blog about CIP now.

CIP has been rather a nice module for me and I love it. The module has helped to find solutions to problems we faced.

In PBL 1, we did the project on setting up an IT department. It was quite a challenge for us as we had a hard time finding the right brand of IT equipment to buy for the company. We learned to figure out the pro's and con's of the various brands of computers, projectors and etc. It made us make more substatial decisions to the software and hardware.

CIP has that individual assignment which made us do a project on a website on ourselves. It was a very challenging assignment and from there, I learnt a lot of ways to organise my websites and ways to beautify my website. I enjoyed putting pictures I like and creating web pages with music in background. When I finally finished the website, I felt a sense of achievement as the flash movies was very difficult to create and i did not like the layer method to create the animation. There are still many things for me to learn like putting buttons in the flash aniamtion to make it work when it is being pressed like the commercial ones.

Linking in the webpages was very sensitive as I did not know that I cannot give a absolute link like say "C:/my documents/....." I can only put "/music/123.mp3" so that the music, picture or source will work. As a result, there were some versions burned into the CD deemed as waste as some links and pictures did not work.

From PBL 2, we did research to find out more about the specific problems faced. Some of them need the used of Microsoft's Knowledge Base (KB) to find out more about what caused the problem and how to counter it. It was quite a challenge for me to present my part on "invalid system disk" as there were many causes of problems.

Edna appeared into my group as she wanted to work with Max. With Edna around, it is good as she's also good in presenting too. I think my group has done overall quite well. Hopefully I will do better for my CIP exam so that I can achieve A.

To improve this module, I think it would be better if our tutors/lecturers teach us more advanced things so that we can create better websites. We need not learn the ASP, coldfusion etc but more functions should be taught. In this way we know more things like creating a form, linking and many more.

I think this module is very exciting and my tutor - Dr Tan Bee Koon is a very kind and nice person. He made our lessons very flexible and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment